1. SSEA Scholarships
We have set up a scholarship fund to help students pay the cost of registration and travel to the Symposium, with the aim of addressing equity and diversity goals. A limited amount of scholarships are thus available directly from us.
SSEA sponsorship covers the reimbursement of the early-bird student registration fee and provides a maximum reimbursement towards travel and accommodation of €500 (payable on production of receipts).
You are eligible to request a scholarship if meeting the following requirements:
- Having submitted an abstract. Scholarships will not be awarded in the case of abstract rejection. In case of abstract acceptance and scholarship award, the full paper must be submitted before the deadline (21st of March) in order to keep the scholarship and receive any payment.
- Being less than or 26 years old.
- Being enrolled in an educational or research programme or having been enrolled in the last 2 years.
- Not being subject to a full-time work contract.
Documents to provide
A complete and valid application will consist of:
- Proof of identity: national identity card/document OR passport.
- Latest proof of enrollment in an educational or research institution programme.
- Transcripts from your current or last academic institution.
- Bona fide declaration indicating that you are not subject to any full-time work contract.
- Motivation letter. Answer 2 questions: indicate why you want to come to the SSEA and how you fit into it (max. 200 words). Indicate how the scholarship may help you personally, in alignment with our equality and diversity goals (max. 200 words).
- Curriculum vitae (maximum 1 page, plus 1 page of list of publications if available).
All required documents must be sent to email@example.com before November 15, 2021.
Awarded scholarships will be announced on January 17, 2022, together with the abstract selection decision. If a student is awarded a scholarship, they will not be able to receive another one from any of the partner institutions, such as ESA or ISU.
2. ESA Scholarships
ESA Education will sponsor the attendance of a select few University students to attend the Symposium.
Applications are due the 1st of December 2021. Only students whose abstracts are selected by the Symposium’s Scientific Board for either an oral or poster presentation will be awarded a ESA Education Office Sponsorship. You will be informed of the success of your application for sponsorship on the 17th of January 2022, along with the announcement of selected abstracts.
More information on ESA scholarships’ application process can be found here.
3. Other scholarships
Other scholarships may be announced soon. Keep an eye on this page and follow our social media accounts to make sure that you do not miss any information related to new scholarship opportunities.