Table of Contents
SSEA Scholarships (CLOSED)
We have set up a scholarship fund to help students pay the cost of registration and travel to the Symposium, with the aim of addressing equity and diversity goals. A limited amount of scholarships are thus available directly from us.
SSEA sponsorship covers the reimbursement of the early-bird student registration fee and provides a maximum reimbursement towards travel and accommodation of €500 (payable on production of receipts).
For any inquiry regarding the scholarship fund, please contact us at email@example.com.
You are eligible to request a scholarship if meeting the following requirements:
- Having submitted an abstract. Scholarships will not be awarded in the case of abstract rejection. In case of abstract acceptance and scholarship award, the full paper must be submitted before the deadline (21st of March) in order to keep the scholarship and receive any payment.
- Being less than or 26 years old.
- Being enrolled in an educational or research programme or having been enrolled in the last 2 years.
- Not being subject to a full-time work contract.
Documents to provide
A complete and valid application will consist of:
- Proof of identity: national identity card/document OR passport.
- Latest proof of enrollment in an educational or research institution programme.
- Transcripts from your current or last academic institution.
- Bona fide declaration indicating that you are not subject to any full-time work contract.
- Motivation letter. Answer 2 questions: indicate why you want to come to the SSEA and how you fit into it (max. 200 words). Indicate how the scholarship may help you personally, in alignment with our equality and diversity goals (max. 200 words).
- Curriculum vitae (maximum 1 page, plus 1 page of list of publications if available).
Applications closed on November 25, 2021.
Awarded scholarships where announced on January 17, 2022, together with the abstract selection decision. If a student is awarded a scholarship, they will not be able to receive another one from any of the partner institutions, such as ESA.
ESA Scholarships (CLOSED)
ESA Education will sponsor the attendance of a select few University students to attend the Symposium.
Applications closed on 1st of December 2021. Only students whose abstracts are selected by the Symposium’s Scientific Board for either an oral or poster presentation will be awarded a ESA Education Office Sponsorship. You will be informed of the success of your application for sponsorship on the 17th of January 2022, along with the announcement of selected abstracts.
More information on ESA scholarships’ application process can be found here.
German REXUS/BEXUS Scholarships (CLOSED)
For students having participated in the German share of the REXUS/BEXUS programme either on the BX30/31 mission or RX29/30 mission we offer to take over the registration, travel (limit 350 EUR) and accommodation (limit 80 EUR/per night) for the Symposium. Applications closed on 31.11.2021. This only applies to students who have been selected by the Symposium’s Scientific Board for either an oral or poster presentation.
SNSA Scholarships (CLOSED)
SNSA will provide support for travel, accommodation and registration fee to a maximum of three students from Swedish universities. These students should be Swedish residents, i.e. persons who currently live in Sweden and hold Swedish personal identity number (pesonnummer). The scope of the grant is up to SEK 8 000 and the grant is intended for the students with accepted presentations. The requests for the support should be submitted to Perina Stjernlöf, firstname.lastname@example.org closed on January 26, 2022. The requests should include personal details of the student, a copy of the selected abstract including the title of the presentation at the Symposium as well as proof of the acceptance of the presentation. In order to be able to apply for support students should not have been selected for other sponsorships for this Symposium.
Other scholarships may be announced soon. Keep an eye on this page and follow our social media accounts to make sure that you do not miss any information related to new scholarship opportunities.