- What is the theme of the 4th Symposium on Space Educational Activities?
For the SSEA 2022, we encourage university students, professionals working in education, and other young professionals to submit papers that present and discuss their experiences organising, running and/or participating in Educational Activities related to Space.
- What format do the sessions take?
The Symposium convenes:
-Paper panels, that consist of 4-6 papers organized around a common theme with comments provided by a chair.
-Roundtables, that assemble 4-6 students, educators and professionals to discuss a common theme, idea, or topic with moderation provided by a chair.
- Do I have to present at the Symposium to attend?
Absolutely not! SSEA 2022 welcomes attendance by all students, educators and professionals, regardless of their participation in conference sessions.
- Where do I go to submit an Abstract?
You may submit proposals online via our EasyChair system between June 14, 2021, and November 10, 2021 (extended deadline from November 1).
- May I submit more than one Abstract?
Absolutely, you can submit as many abstracts as you wish.
- Should my Abstract be original?
Yes. You can only send original abstracts. Also, abstracts cannot be sent simultaneously to other conferences or journals.
- What does the registration fee include?
The registration fee includes attendance to all the presentations that will be given, the social activities that will be organized, and the gala dinner. It also includes lunch for the three days of the Symposium.
- Can I get a discount for registering early?
YES! SSEA 2022 offers an “early-bird” discount at all registration levels to those who register for the conference before February 1, 2022.
- I just want to attend my colleague’s session. May I register for a single day at a reduced rate?
No, unfortunately single-day registration is not permitted for the SSEA 2022. However, to help everybody to attend the Symposium, ticket prices are affordable and an “early-bird” discount is offered.
- Do you offer scholarships to pay for registration fees and trip costs?
Yes. We have set up a scholarship fund to help students pay the cost of registration and travel to the Symposium, with the aim of addressing equity and diversity goals. A limited amount of scholarships are thus available directly from us. Other institutions such as the European Space Agency also offer scholarships for the SSEA.
Find out more on our Scholarships page.
- Can I register and/or pay at the venue?
Unfortunately no. We only accept online registration and payment, through the dedicated platform on our website. We will not accept registrations and/or payments at the venue.
- How can my organisation become a conference sponsor?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sponsorship opportunities are limited, so act today!
- My question is not listed here. Whom do I contact?
Please contact us at email@example.com.
- Will I get refunded if the Symposium can't be held due to COVID-19?
Yes. We are optimistically hoping that by April 2022 the virus outbreak will have been overcome. In case this is not true, attendees will be offered the option of receiving a full refund. If needed, the Symposium will be held online. In that case a partial refund will be offered to attendees who still want to attend the conference.
- Do I have to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend the event?
We strongly advise you to have been completely vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 15 days before attending the Symposium. Even if it is not currently a requirement, we reserve the right to change our attendance rules in the future and ban attendance to the Symposium to those who have not been immunised.
In any case, we will abide by all governmental regulations when holding the event. These regulations might impede, at the time of holding the Symposium, that non-vaccinated people attend massive events.
- Will social distancing and sanitary measures be guaranteed if COVID-19 is still a public health concern?
This pandemic has hit on every aspect of our daily lives and there are for sure changes that have come to stay. Even if the pandemic has been overcome, we will make sure hygene and healthy requirements are met and we will provide attendees, if necessary, with hand sanitizer, masks and any other support they might seek.
- I am worried about taking public transport to get to the venue. What would you recommend?
We understand the personal stress and health concerns that travelling in a crowded public transport might bring. We will provide a list of nearby accommodations to minimise the amount of transport needed. Barcelona also has an optimised bus network which is often less crowded than its underground and we encourage you to make the most of it.
- Can I attend the symposium on-line in case I cannot travel to Barcelona?
No. Unfortunately, the 4th Symposium on Space Educational Activities will be a 100% in-person event.