The call for abstracts is now closed.
We accept abstracts for oral and poster presentations. All accepted abstracts will be published electronically in the book of abstracts.
Authors will be asked to submit a full paper which will be published in the official conference proceedings after the symposium. We have a no show, no paper policy which means only those papers will be published in the conference proceedings whose authors participated the conference and hold their presentation (either oral or poster).
Prizes for the best poster and best oral presentation will be awarded during the gala dinner
All papers must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference.
The emphasis throughout the conference is on student participation in projects with space science and space engineering themes, including curricular and extra-curricular activities. Submissions detailing new results in a particular field of scientific research are in-scope, but must be presented in this context. Papers and poster presentations on the following general themes are welcomed:
- Small satellite missions
- Space subsystem technologies
- Projects involving ground & airborne facilities (e.g. drop towers, parabolic flights)
- Downstream applications (e.g. the generation of products and services that use data from space)
- Scientific results from student projects (e.g. astronomy, astrobiology, physics, chemistry, Earth observation science, space medicine, engineering)
- Land & aerial vehicles (including UAVs) in the context of space education
- The Educator's Perspective (e.g. pedagogy, technologies to enhance learning, programs & initiatives)
- Employer engagement in student projects & education
- Early career paths - barriers and opportunities
In addition to these topics, the organisers would be pleased to receive submissions on the topic of diversity and inclusion, and widening participation, in space educational activities.
- Abstracts must be written in English
- Abstracts should not exceed 400 words
- Abstracts cannot contain tables or drawings
- Abstracts shall specify the main author and co-authors names and affiliations, and specify the corresponding author postal address, e-mail and phone
- The call for abstracts is now closed.
- Abstracts must be submitted through the EasyChair submission system.
- When submitting, EasyChair asks to put your abstract in a textfield at the submission form. Please provide the text of your abstract in the requested textfield.
- Papers must be written in English.
- Maximum length of full paper is 5 pages. If the paper has more than 5 pages, every extra page will be charged with £45/page publication fee.
- Papers have to be submitted in PDF format, using our template.
- Template is available here in Microsoft Word format.
- Papers must be submitted through the EasyChair submission system. Log into the system and update your original uploaded abstract with the PDF of the full paper.
- Papers must be submitted by 16 August 2019